Request For Proposals: Communication Strategist November 2012
Request for Proposals for Strategic Communications Consultant
Intersection is looking for a qualified communications consultant to work with us on re-energizing and strategizing around our communications and messaging. We are hoping to fill this position by December and the project will move aggressively through the month of January 2013. Know someone who can knock our socks off? Download RFP HERE.
We are currently seeking a Strategic Communications Consultant / Communications Strategist
or Agency to develop a strategic communications plan that will:
• Propose a clear articulation of the organization’s vision and the programs that support it.
• Present the organization’s brand story and position with well-defined communication goals including opportunities to build equity.
• Identify key audiences and prioritization: who we want to reach and engage, based on organization and marketing goals.
Intersection’s top priority is to develop and implement a strong, strategic communications plan to grow and deepen our work. This much needed plan will enhance Intersection’s capacity to clearly communicate the depth, breadth, and impact of its work and its new initiatives to a large and clearly identified audience. Given Intersection’s history and the radical leap forward the organization is making, we must proactively build our capacity to strategically tell the story and position Intersection as a leading-edge arts and community development organization.
Consultant qualifications preferred:
• At least 5 years demonstrated experience in marketing, branding, communication strategy, digital strategy, public relations, business development, non-profit strategic planning, creative advertising and messaging.
• Expert knowledge of integrated brand communications including digital (SEO and email) and social media.
• Proficiency in media planning (earned, paid, online and print) and on-the-pulse of story telling trends in advertising and marketing.
• Ability to creatively and strategically think about and approach problems and assigned projects.
• Successful experience working in or with the nonprofit arts sector, the creative economy as well as San Francisco/ Bay Area tech, start-up, foundations, social causes and small businesses is preferred.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent business and copywriting and editing abilities.
• Ability to produce a communications strategy on an expedited schedule (approx. 4 weeks) and will lead the project in an organized, timely, process-driven way through solid account management and leadership.
Deadline for proposal submissions: MONDAY – DECEMBER 10, 2012
Please submit your proposal outlining the following via email by 5pm PST on December 10, 2012.
1. Outline your experience with communication efforts ; include samples of strategic communications work to include writing samples
2. Resume of proposed consultant or team
3. Proposed approach to the project (no more than 2 pages)
4. Three professional references with contact information
5. Proposed work structure by effort or initiative (approximately 4 weeks)
6. Fee structure
7. For Consultants: Availability for the next two (2) months
8. Your contact information including email and daytime phone.
All proposals should be submitted electronically to StrategyRFP@theintersection.org with the subject line “Communications Strategist RFP”
Posted on November 15, 2012