March 5, 2015
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Title: Admin & Finance Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director and Finance Director
Job Status: Part-Time Exempt
This position is responsible for supporting the financial management and administration of one of San Francisco’s oldest and most vibrant multi-disciplinary cultural centers. The Admin & Finance Assistant works closely with the Executive Director, Finance Director and Intersection’s staff to ensure the support of the organization’s multidisciplinary artist services, presenting and rental programs. This is an opportunity for an emerging arts administrator to gain experience in arts finance and administration. While currently part time, it is the goal to move this position to full time within 12-18 months.
Scope of Work
- Accounts Receivable – making deposits
- Accounts Payable – cutting checks weekly, payroll
- Business reporting – sales tax reporting and other business reporting as needed
- Creating financial reports and statements for fiscally sponsored projects
- Supporting Executive Director, Program Manager & Finance Director in gathering financial data for grants & yearly audit
- Human Resources Administration – standard upkeep of employee files
- General Administration – filing, processing mail, etc.
- Program Management Support – works with the Artist Resources Program Manager to serve members
- Proficient in Word, Excel, entry level Quickbooks or higher
- Some bookkeeping training and skills
- Knowledge of nonprofit accounting practices
- Strong analytical, management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to work with diverse communities in a fast-paced environment
Total: 16 hours per week
Compensation: $17 per hour
Time: Admin 50%, Finance 50%
Qualities Desired: highly organized, detail oriented, accurate
About Intersection for the Arts:
Intersection for the Arts is now celebrating its 50th year of the arts connecting people and communities across physical, social, cultural, and economic boundaries to instigate change.
Intersection for the Arts cares deeply about diversity and we are committed to cultivating a an equitable and collaborative work environment.
Send cover letter and resume to:
No phone calls, please.