Arts Business Basics: So You Want to Start an Arts Non-Profit?
This exploratory hands-on workshop is designed for individuals, groups and collaborators, as well as fiscally sponsored project managers, who think they want to start a non-profit arts organization. Gain insights into the features, benefits and challenges of running an arts non-profit to determine if it is the best pathway for your arts venture.
The workshop content DOES NOT address the legal steps required to become a non-profit.
- Discover the origins of the non-profit arts organization model
- Explore the life stages of an arts non-profit
- Articulate an organizational vision and mission based on core values
- Investigate organizational structures
- Learn the basic concept of contributed income
- Discuss the ins and outs of working with volunteers and a Board of Directors
- Consider the required government paperwork and Board management
- Utilize the Business Model Canvas to test out your concept
Participants will receive access to a Zoom video recording post-workshop.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
This workshop is facilitated by Amy Kweskin, Director of Professional Development at Intersection for the Arts. Additionally, Amy is Principal of Artsightful through which she provides consulting and coaching to share insights into the business of art. Her approaches to arts strategic planning are featured in the Center for Cultural Innovation’s publication BUSINESS OF ART: AN ARTIST’S GUIDE TO PROFITABLE SELF-EMPLOYMENT (3RD EDITION).
Workshop presented via Zoom.
ACCESSIBILITY: All workshops have closed captioning enabled. A written transcript will be available to all registrants after the workshop. Additional accessibility accommodation can best be fulfilled when communicated within 48 hours of the workshop start time by emailing Amy: amy(at)theintersection.org
Additional requests? Questions? Email Amy: amy(at)theintersection.org
REFUND POLICY: You may request a full refund (excluding Eventbrite fees) before the start of the program on the day of the workshop, after which point no refund can be processed.