Coaching Circle: Artists as Leaders
Restore yourself and connect with other “artists and arts administrators.”
Are you an artist and nonprofit administrator? Your hands must be full! Not only are you juggling your own practice, you are also working behind the scenes to support other artists while driving art appreciation in the community and beyond. Yet are you feeling supported? Are you sufficiently nourished and cared for? Leadership can be lonely and debilitating. It’s time to change that. Restore yourself and connect with other “artists as arts administrators” in this coaching circle.
From January through April we will gather monthly for 90 minutes. Bring your New Year’s resolution to set aside time for yourself and create a new, restored baseline for meeting your role as artist and leader. We will combine practical solutions with eternal wisdom and the ideas and support of other artist leaders. Come join us.
This coaching circle is lead by Sheri Lucas, financial services executive, professional coach, and board vice-chair of Intersection for the Arts. As a leader, Sheri’s focus is on building and developing teams for high performance through compassion and creativity. She is currently pursuing professional coaching certification through New Ventures West, founded on the principles of integral coaching methodology.
Sample session agenda:
- Committing to self-care as a New Year’s Resolution
- Facets of leadership, and challenges of being a leader
- Self-compassion as a self-care practice
- Balancing the three minds of the body: brain, heart, and body
- Tools and practices
- Individualized assignments
- Open discussions and sharing of insights and resources
- Support from other arts administrators
- Staying accountable to your self-care practices
This is a 4-month, 4-session series limited to 4 participants so that we can build rapport and ensure a safe and confidential space.