Developing Patronage on Patreon
What is Patreon? Is it right for you? Learn strategies for success and how it may bring joy to your arts endeavor.
[This is an online event via Zoom.]
Would you like another income stream that plays to your strengths, shows your authentic creative self, while engaging audience interaction? Our presenter Midori shares with you tips, strategies, common pitfalls and how to use Patreon to bring you creative joy. She is an independent artist, not an employee of Patreon – because of this, she can share a perspective that you won’t get from their site.
Midori is a multidisciplinary artist based in the Bayview district of San Francisco. For the past five years she’s figured out how to make Patreon work for her as a steady income stream and source for creative motivation. She works with and coaches artists directly to help develop their own successful and joy centered Patreon strategy. Check out Midori’s Patreon page.
She will cover the following topics in a frank and interactive conversation. Please come with curiosity.
- What is Patreon?
- What type of artists and organizations is Patreon good for?
- Tips and insights from Midori’s own journey with Patreon
- Understand your goals for making Patreon work for you
- Preparation for launch
- Using your Patreon as a way to motivate your creativity and creative accountability
- Patreon is not like grants – Pros and Cons
- How much extra work will it be for you?
- How might a Patreon account add to your emotional and creative life?
- Live tour of the backend and insides of an actual artist patreon account
- Examples of how various types of creatives are using Patreon
- What Patreon won’t tell you