Incubate to Accelerate
Grow your skills and confidence in the business of art!
This specially-designed 2023 version of Intersection’s annual Accelerator is crafted specifically for emerging artists, arts administrators, recent college graduates, start-up collaborators, and anyone who wears multiple hats in the arts.
Discover how to launch your career, practice or concept in a supportive environment.
Join the program if you are in the “idea” and “start-up” phases of your career or creative venture. Your budding concepts will germinate within the nurturing environment of a creative cohort guided by Intersection’s Director of Professional Development, Amy Kweskin.
10 weeks of programming includes both virtual and hybrid participation options.
The program runs from August 28, 2023 to November 1 , 2023.
Details of session dates and curriculum are available on Intersection’s website.
- 8 Virtual Seminars: 1.5-hours each, Zoom-based on Tuesdays from 5-7pm PT (recordings available)
- 5 Hybrid Labs: 1.5-hours each, Hybrid (synchronous in person and on Zoom)
- 2 Hybrid Gatherings: 1.5-hours each, Hybrid (synchronous in person and on Zoom)
- 2 hours of 1:1 Mentorship: with Accelerator Alumni
- 1 textbook: Business of Art: An Artist’s Guide to Profitable Self-Employment (3rd Edition, Center for Cultural Innovation) plus digital worksheets
- Certificate of Completion
TUITION PER PERSON
- $450 standard tuition
- $350 member tuition for Intersection Fiscally Sponsored Projects
OPTIONAL COWORKING SPACE AD-ON
For an enhanced incubator experience you can add on a coworking open desk:
- 10 weeks of coworking, open desk access: in Intersection’s offices at 1446 Market Street in San Francisco, accessible Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.
Includes access to comfortable and spacious desks, meeting rooms, kitchen, wifi, printer, and scanner, plus:
- 6 free hours of free meeting space access: Choose from our variety of rental rooms for space to gather and collaborate for private meetings, collaborations and rehearsals for the duration of the program. Additional rentals available at a discounted rate.
- $250 per person coworking open desk starting Monday, August 28 and concluding Friday, November 3, 2023.
Intersection covers your Eventbrite fees.
A payment plan can be arranged by contacting Amy: amy(at)theintersection.org. If you are a member of Intersection for the Arts, contact Amy, Allison or Jamie to determine if funds can be transferred from your FSP account.
TIP: Artists in California may be eligible to apply for Center for Cultural Innovation’s Quick Grant to cover the cost of the tuition. Applications due on the 15th every month with final application deadline of July 15, 2023. Note, there is no guarantee of funding.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
This program is presented by Amy Kweskin, Director of Professional Development at Intersection for the Arts. Additionally, Amy is Principal of Artsightful through which she provides consulting and coaching to share insights into the business of art. Her approaches to arts strategic planning are featured in the Center for Cultural Innovation’s publication BUSINESS OF ART: AN ARTIST’S GUIDE TO PROFITABLE SELF-EMPLOYMENT (3RD EDITION). Amy is an insructor at Golden Gate University, St. Mary’s College and Oklahoma University.
ACCESSIBILITY: All Zoom-based sessions have closed captioning enabled. A written transcript will be available to all registrants after each session. Additional accessibility accommodation can best be fulfilled when communicated within 48 hours of the Zoom-based or in-person sessions start time by emailing Amy: amy(at)theintersection.org
Additional requests? Questions? Email Amy: amy(at)theintersection.org
REFUND POLICY: You may request a full refund before the start of the program. Once the program has begun, you can receive a pro-rated refund based on the week of withdrawal. There is no refund for the textbook, which is yours to keep.