Social Media Marketing Strategy
Learn and apply creative strategies that will leave your followers anticipating what’s next.
Social media is a great amplifier to get attention and interest in your next program. It has shifted outreach and PR to a new era where anyone can give you direct and public feedback on what you share. But how do you use these conversational channels to intentionally drive engagement year-round?
In this workshop, you will learn and apply creative strategies that will leave your followers anticipating what’s next. This workshop will cover tactics focused on growth and engagement that will help:
- Create a diverse, audience-centric content calendar that keeps your followers hungry for more
- Maintain and build excitement for what’s next (even when you might not have new content to share)
- Apply best content practices to help your social channels stand out from others
- Leverage and grow the synergies you have with other artists and arts organizations
- Rethink your content in terms of what resonates most with your followers’ interests rather than centers the message 100% of the time on you/your organization
This workshop is led by Rachel Medanic, a marketer, writer, community builder, and organizational change agent. She helps organizations build and foster their audiences—organically. She began working with Bay Area arts organizations in the early 2000s and in 2005 was a program director at the Business Arts Council, a business training provider for small and mid-size arts organizations. Rachel is on the board of Cazadero Performing Arts Family Camp. Since 2020, Rachel’s focus has been on building and engaging employees and volunteers in online community settings. Her best practices and skills in content creation and behavioral psychology have helped to drive engagement at the YMCA of the USA, UNICEF, and the W.K. Kellogg Foundation.