Tax Workshop for Artists
Learn how to write off your artistic practice. This workshop will focus on tax issues for independent artists, producers, writers, and culture-makers of all varieties. Plus a special section devoted to discussing the repercussions of AB5. Led by expert and attorney Jaime Santos. Get organized for the upcoming tax season & get answers to the following questions:
- What am I? (overview of Sole Proprietors, LLC’s, S-Corp)
- What is Taxable Income? (1099’s vs W-2’s, Venmo, Kickstarter, and other types of income)
- How to treat money received from a fiscal sponsor (if relevant)
- What expenses are deductible? (from Accounting costs to Zip car rental)
- Should I pay quarterly estimated taxes and how do I figure out how much?
- Should I file on my own? Yes! no? Maybe.
Jaime has been preparing taxes for folks since 1994. Now, she is a tax professional and a law partner at Santos Walding LLP, specializing in business and not for profit law. Before she could read or write, she would practice her multiplication tables for fun. A nerd to the nth degree, she has boundless curiosity about, um, everything.