A virtual 9-week arts business cohort program that teaches the business side of creative work.
Learn the business side of creative work through interactive seminars and deep-dive labs centered around the Center for Cultural Innovation publication: Business of Art: An Artist’s Guide to Profitable Self-Employment (3rd Edition). You will work in cohort sessions and small group coaching circles to develop your own Business Model Canvas. All of these approaches will help you to develop various aspects of business modeling for an arts practice, project, or venture.
WHAT YOU GET
- Adaptable business model canvas for your art practice, project, or venture
- A copy of Business of Art: An Artist’s Guide to Profitable Self-Employment (3rd Edition)
- Confidence and clarity on your vision, mission, values, and goals
- A Certificate of Completion
- Network of peers in your learning cohort
- Wednesdays: May 4 – June 29, 2022 from 10am-1pm PST
- Nine 3-hour seminar & lab sessions totaling 27 hours
- 1:1 coaching with an Accelerator graduate
- All sessions take place virtually over Zoom
- For full curriculum details, facilitators, and coaches visit our Accelerator page
- $350 for Individuals and Organizations/Projects (if applying as an organization, a max of 3 people can participate all covered by this one fee)
- $300 for Intersection Members (if applying as an organization/project, a max of 3 people can participate all covered by this one fee)
- TIP: Individual artists in California may be eligible to apply for CCI’s Quick Grant to cover the cost of this course. Applications due on the 15th every month.
Questions? Reach out to Amy Kweskin Professional Development and Organizational Strategy Director, at email@example.com.
“The Accelerator program was rigorous yet fun. It helped me redirect my creative spirit towards entrepreneurship. Not only was I able to be in the company of a cohort of talented artists—from curators, to dancers, to musicians—but all of the facilitators presented highly informative and engaging content. I’ve kept in touch with my cohort and have even collaborated on two shows.” – Maddy Clifford, MADlines
“The Accelerator gave me the courage I needed to embrace business knowledge as a vehicle that can elevate, strengthen and push my practice to the next level. I learned alongside other visionary and incredibly talented artists, many of whom I remain in contact with. Intersection offers a support setting that understands and focuses on artist’s needs.” – Astrid Kaemmerling, The Walk Discourse