Information We Collect
IFTA collects the personal information you knowingly and manually provide when you use the Site. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, alone or in combination with other information available to IFTA. Examples of personal information include your name, address, and email address. The type of Personal Information IFTA collects varies depending upon how you use this Site. For example:
- Event Registration Forms. When you register for a workshop or event on the Site, you may be asked to provide your name and email address for us to contact you.
- Fiscal Sponsorship Application Forms. If you apply for fiscal sponsorship by IFTA you may submit forms through the Site that ask for your name, email, address, and phone number.
- Member Forms: IFTA hosts member forms for our fiscally sponsored projects (Members) such as cross-promotional event forms and member profile forms. These forms may ask for your name, email, social handles in order to promote members’ work.
Information We Don’t Collect
IFTA does not collect any information other than what you manually submit through the Site, through in-paper newsletter sign up forms, or in-person.
How We Use Collected Information
- to provide the information and services you request
- to better understand your needs and interests in order to provide you with effective service
- to contact you with information and notices related to your use of this Site
- to improve the content, functionality, and usability of this Site
- to improve IFTA’s marketing and promotional efforts
- for security, credit, or fraud prevention purposes
- for any other purpose identified in an agreement between you and IFTA
Google Analytics. IFTA uses Google Analytics, a web analytics tool that helps us understand how visitors engage with this Site. Google Analytics does not provide any personally identifiable data on individual users, such as IP addresses, names, email addresses, or any other unique identifier. If you do not want information about your visit to this Site sent to Google Analytics, you may download an opt-out browser add-on from the Google website directly.
How We Share Your Personal Information With Others
To Facilitate Fiscal Sponsorship. IFTA may share Personal Information about Fiscally Sponsored Projects with third parties to provide fiscal sponsorship services.
Third–Party Service Providers. IFTA shares Personal Information collected through this Site with third-party service providers who act for or on behalf of IFTA and may need information about users to perform their functions. For example, IFTA may use third-party vendors to design, operate, and/or host this Site, to conduct surveys, and to help IFTA with its promotional efforts.
You have choices about the ways IFTA collects, uses, and discloses the Personal Information that you manually submit. You always have the choice about whether to manually submit Personal Information to IFTA. IFTA includes an “unsubscribe” link in our electronic newsletters in order to provide you with the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving such communications. If you have any other privacy concerns about information submitted to IAM through the Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
IFTA maintains reasonable administrative, physical, and technological measures to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Information you submit on or through this Site. Unfortunately, no website, mobile or tablet application, server or database is completely secure or “hacker proof.” Therefore, IFTA cannot guarantee that your Personal Information will not be disclosed, misused, or lost by accident or by the unauthorized acts of others.